Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Observations...

1. Traffic is insane. There are no lines. If there are, people don't see them. I'm getting used to riding on the wrong side of the road. Horns are a polite way of saying, "I'm coming. Please get out of the way."

2. People stare...a lot.

3. The food is tasty! I'm glad I like spicy things though. And even the "American" food at McDonald's is altered to be more spicy.

6. The darkness is undeniable. I was able to experience my first religious event. It was a celebration in which a demon effigy was set on fire to symbolize defeat of evil. Another example of the darkness is the "Abortion by tablet" advertisements on nearly every light pole.

Despite it all, however, the country is quite beautiful and colorful. I really love watching the people interact with each other. All in all, they are helpful and friendly. I know that I will eventually love this place and its people. But, the important thing is that the Father loves them and wants them to know Him. He has allowed me to be a part of His work here, and it's easy to see He's already moving. I just get to join in on the fun.



Pic: A rickshaw ride with friends.

No comments: