Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness

I'm thankful for...

- coffee first thing in the morning (with yummy flavored creamer).
- being able to tell my neighbors and friends what Thanksgiving means.
- turkey on Thanksgiving...even if the head and feet were still attached when it was time to cook it!
- a mama who will get on a plane and travel for 30 hours to see me.
- being able to introduce new people to this city and culture (my mama...just to name one).
- a cyclone in the nearby ocean, making it feel a little like winter, despite the rain.
- a daddy and brother back home that I know misses us and wishes we were there.
- an extended family that is gathering to celebrate and praise God for all our blessings.
- the Body of Christ, my "forever family," that takes care of me, encourages me and helps me run this race with perseverance.
- friends and a roommate here that truly manifest the love of Christ.
- the Truth that shines in darkness.
- Hope for the nations.
- His joy being my strength.
- the fact that I have so many things to be thankful for.

Praise Him! He is good!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: