Monday, June 9, 2008

Diligence...

I know. I know. I've been a slacker with updating my blog and sending out updates. But, I truly want to keep yall informed. So...here's my hope. I want to update this thing at least weekly. Lofty goal, I know. But, I think I can do it. We stay busy enough each week that I am sure there will be something to say.



This week the Father has been teaching me more about intercession. I'm am sure we all feel this way at some point, but lately I've been feeling overwhelmed with all the people and requests I want to bring before Him. I've tried being really organized about my list and praying for certain things on certain days, etc. But, it started to feel very methodical and not so personal. This week I just said, "I want to pray for all this stuff, but I just don't know how to do it. Show me what to do." Well, brilliant Holy Spirit spoke up and told me just to listen for a while. Then, any people I thought about or situations that came to my mind while listening would be what I prayed about that day. Well, duh! But, how amazing! Instead of feeling like I was just going through the motions, I felt like I was truly interceding on behalf of those who needed it that day because it wasn't me deciding what to pray for. All this to say that there's nothing wrong with organizing your prayer journal, etc. (I still have one that guides me), but sometimes just listening and then praying for whoever/whatever comes to mind is more in line with His wishes for your intercession time. But, warning! Wandering thoughts do try to interfere. What's for lunch is not important at that time, but pushing the idea of making salsa away isn't always easy. I sure do love salsa. But try it! Be still. Listen. Pray.

No comments: