Wednesday, October 15, 2008

24

Monday I celebrated my 24th birthday. It was a fantastic day! I truly felt special and loved, even though it was hard to be so far away from home and family. Special people helped to make it a special day for me. Thanks, yall! I heart you!

First, I received a few birthday packages...
1. From Mama, Daddy, Blake, Grannie, Papa and Mema...sewing goods (yeah, I just learned) and scrapbook paper, among other things

2. From sweet Eliz...birthday cake mix, UGA cups, birthday decorations and cards, letters and pictures from Athens friends!

3. From Macedonia...cards, a cool birthday hat, a pretty candle, etc.

Then, on the day...I visited my friends and neighbors and gave them sweets (as is the tradition here. The birthday person gives the gifts, but my friends also gave me some goodies, too!). Here's a picture of me delivering sweets to one of my neighbors, a lady who enjoys arts and crafts more than I do.



Later, Rebecca blindfolded me and surprised me by taking me to one of our favorite restaurants (that we rarely get to visit). It's Vietnamese food in a beautiful setting. What a great roomie, teammate, sister and friend I have!


That evening, we had some ladies over for a crafting party. Some sewed, some did paper crafts, some knitted and crocheted. There was a lot of good fellowship and food, as I splurged on an expensive favorite here...deli sliced turkey with real cheddar cheese!

Reba made the cake and decorated it beautifully...


Then, I fed her the first bite. Again, this is a tradition here.


It was a great day, and I am so thankful to everyone for their emails, Facebook wishes, thought and prayers. Yall rock!!

No comments: