Monday, January 19, 2009

Backtrack- Christmas

So, I am going to backtrack a bit and fill you in on Christmas. It was great to have AYo here with me! We had such a good time and were welcomed by several families here to celebrate with them. Here we are in front of the Georgia Gold sign, a company that sells sweet tea.



On Christmas Eve, we visited with two families for dinner, had a white elephant gift exchange and sang Christmas carols for the neighbors. That night two other girls spent the night with us at my place.







On Christmas morning, I cooked my family's traditional Christmas breakfast of sausage casserole, biscuits and mayhaw jelly (brought over by my sweet mama back in November). Several people came over for breakfast. We exchanged gifts, ate breakfast and spent the rest of the morning listening to Christmas music and just hanging out. We went over to another family's home for a late Christmas lunch and had a delicious spread of Southern cooking! It was great.





Finally, Angela and I exchanged gifts from our respective geographical locations. It was so much fun!





I was able to Skype with my family several times and got to see cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents! It was a great Christmas, and I can hardly believe I'll be at home for the next one!

No comments: