Friday, June 12, 2009

Interesting Study...

Some friends posted this study on their blog, and I thought I would post it as well. The study suggests that people who travel or live abroad become more creative in critical thinking and problem solving. I think, after living cross-culturally for nearly two years, that this is true. I've noticed in myself not only increased creativity when it comes to getting problems solved and everyday sort of thing done but also increased creativity in general.

Daily, I am trying to come up with new ways to get things done whether it's how to get to a place that is quite far without a car or how to cook my favorite dish from home without all the conveniences of living in America. I am really good at getting the price I want for something by striking some pretty creative deals with vendors, if I do say so myself.

Another aspect of this is my desire to be more crafty since moving here. The colors and beautiful fabrics and designs here have gotten me wanting to be able to make cool stuff I see on my own. I've learned to sew since moving, have started painting on canvas a little more and enjoy making gifts from friends instead of buying them. All in all, I feel like a more creative person.

Click here for the post on Freakonomics. Check it out. Make sure to click on the article within the post.

No comments: