Monday, October 19, 2009

I love FALL!

Y'all, these last few days in South Georgia have been fabulous...I've been loving cool (cold!) temperatures, enjoying abundant sunshine, getting to wear closed-toe shoes and jackets for the first time in a year and a half and eating pumpkin bread.  Fall is my favorite season.  Here are a few reasons why.

1.  autumn decor.  I love the colors of fall and the exciting ways people use them to decorate their homes.  Some of my favorite autumn-inspired projects that I've seen in Blogland lately are  Make It and Love It's Autumn Wheat Basket and The Inspired Room's Gilded Pumpkins (pictured below...image from Country Living).  Better Homes & Gardens (BHG) always has a bunch of great ideas.  Click HERE for a few.






2.  clothes.  When it's time to start wearing longer sleeves, closed-toe shoes, boots and cute jackets, I get really excited!  Something about the fit of fall clothing is comfortable yet flattering.  Some of my favorite fashion sites include InStyle.com (this is their fall fashions link), The Faithful Fashionista and Sensibly Styled.  If you've never visited Shabby Apple, do so now!





3. pumpkin-spiced goodies. Yummy pumpkin-spiced food screams "FALL!"  I love the pumpkin bread recipe that I posted a few weeks ago and have made it several times.  Some new things I want to try include Joy the Baker's Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (pictured below) and Design Mom's Pumpkin Cookies.  Also, my friend Andrea in South Asia has some tasty recipes at SouthAsiaRocks.






4.  soups.  It's the best time of the year for tasty soups, stews and chili.  I am almost always in the mood for a hot bowl of goodness at this time of the year.  Try Eliz's Hamburger Veggie Soup (pictured below) or Simply Recipes' Spicy Vegetarian Chili.  Find a host of other soup recipes at BHG.



No comments: