Friday, October 1, 2010

Foodie Friday: Great Northern Bean Soup

I'm linking up with Eliz's Foodie Friday today!

Here in South Alabama, we've had our first tease of truly fall weather.  It's cold enough in the morning to wear a light sweater or jacket when I walk the pup, and it's chilly at night, too.  I leave the door to my screened porch open while I am at home because it's just so fabulous and beautiful.  The weekend promises more of this, in my opinion, perfect weather! I love it.

With all this fall weather comes the desire to make soup, of course.  And, boy have a made a good bit of soup over the last few days.  The recipe I want to share today is from my dear friend Jamie. It's easy, can be made in the crockpot if you want to and is perfect for the cooler weather.  It sticks to your bones, if you know what I mean.

(Sorry, I don't have pictures.)

Great Northern Bean Soup

1 lb ground beef or turkey

1/4 c dried minced onion

1 tsp paprika

3 cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce

1 can Rotel tomatoes

Brown ground meat.  Combine all the other ingredients. Allow to heat through and simmer.  Eat and enjoy!


You can make ahead in the crockpot by putting the setting on low and allowing to cook throughout the day.

No comments: