Saturday, October 9, 2010

Great Grapevine

Grapevine wreaths are so versatile, and craft stores like Michael's sell them for fairly cheap.  Late in the summer, I bought two with plans to make a fall wreath and, perhaps, a Halloween wreath.

My fall wreath turned out great! I got the metal insert that says "Autumn Blessings" from Hobby Lobby as well as the garland of acorns and pine cones that I wrapped around the wreath.  I found the garland of fall leaves at the dollar store.  I love it!


For Halloween, I really like what I came up with.  I just thought of the idea to do a wreath this way randomly one day, and I am so proud of it.  I took a black feather boa that has silver "tinsel" in it and wrapped it around the grapevine.  I secured it with black pipe cleaners.  Then in the dollar section at Target, I found the glittery spiders and the glittery wooden word "Boo!"  I used fishing wire to secure them into the wreath, allowing one to dangle.  The final touch (that I hadn't done yet when I took this photo) was to put store-bought spider web on across the wreath.  It turned out super cute!



What do your fall and Halloween wreaths look like? Post your link in the comments section, if you like!

1 comment:

Eliz said...

Love the wreaths! Too cute!