Thursday, April 9, 2009

9. Amusement Park Fun



Sorry no cultural insights today. Just a little fun. Today some friends and I went to an amusement and water park outside of my city. We had a blast!

I must say that, considering how not clean my country is generally, the water park and amusement park are amazingly clean. Cleaner than some parks in the States. We rode the amusement park rides first, crazy ones that take you round and round and up and down. My favorite two were called Drop Zone and the Maverick. Drop Zone shoots you up into the air and gradually drops you down, similar to Acrophobia at Six Flags over Georgia. The Maverick is just crazy fun.

The water park is really great, too. A lazy river, the boomerang water slide and many other great water rides made us keep cool in the hot South Asian summer sun. We had a good lunch at the park, complete with popcorn and cotton candy. One of the good things about the park is that it isn't so big that you can't do it all in one day. We were able to ride almost every ride and slide every slide. It was so fun! I can't wait to go back!

No comments: